Advantages of a Clean Carpet01/01/2014 Back To Blog
Having your floor coverings cleaned or cleaning them yourself can have advantageous benefits for your entire house.
Remove the Grime, Remove the Germs
Here are some reasons that good carpets should be thoroughly cleaned periodically:
* Allergens are removed completely or lessened. Allergen levels can be particularly harmful to people with respiratory complaints. Pet hairs can cause problems too, so regular removal of them can be beneficial.
* Stains are removed so they do not become permanent. The earlier a stain is dealt with the better. Proprietary products can be used, although mild detergent and warm water will remove most stains.
* Dust mites are eliminated with proper cleaning, such as hot water extraction.
* Your floor coverings will last longer, as accumulated dirt will not act as an abrasive to the carpet fibers.
* The carpets look clean, creating a pristine feeling to the entire home.
* Cleaner floor coverings feel better on bare feet and save dirt and grime being trampled through the home.
* The whole house smells fresher after a thorough carpet cleaning.
*Loose fibers and dust are eliminated, thus preventing allergic reactions.
* Babies and toddlers are not exposed to unnecessary dirt or germs when crawling on the floor.
* Colors appear brighter and more intense when they aren’t covered with dirt or grime.
Carpets get Dirty Daily
No matter how good a housekeeper you are, your carpets are going to attract dirt. There is tracked in dirt from outside, mud, snow, and slush. Things are often spilled on the floor. Little accidents happen despite your best efforts. Spot cleaning helps, but to sanitize your carpets, you need to do a deep cleaning, at least once a year. If you have high traffic areas or small children, you may want to consider cleaning more often.
You vacuum and dust your house, keep the kitchen clean and the dishes washed. You should also clean that daily grime out of your expensive carpets. They will look better, smell better, and last longer. And you won’t hesitate to let small children play on them when the floor coverings are nice and clean.
Consider cleaning them yourself. If you feel it is too difficult, and you can afford it, get professional advice to take care of the dust, grime, and germs before they become a serious problem.